E-M:/ Re: Dow Chemical waste activities in Midland

Enviro-Mich message from ecaa@igc.org (ecology center)

Regarding Alex's earlier post to enviro-mich related to Dow's "brownfields"
activity:
The Ecology Center, Lone Tree Council, PIRGIM, and several Midland
residents have made extensive comments on their "proposal"- its really just
an idea - few details - no formal plan.  We have weighed in with our long
list of concerns and questions, some of which we have communicated to
regulators at both the state and federal levels (who have their own long
list of concerns), as well as with Dow.  As far as I know, the proposal is
not proceeding at this time. If anyone is interested in more details, feel
free to contact me.
Tracey Easthope, MPH
Ecology Center
734-663-2400