E-M:/ K & K

Enviro-Mich message from juliemec@voyager.net (Julie Stoneman)

The victory of this week's Supreme Court ruling
in K & K, reported earlier by Alison Horton,  was due
in many respects to the tremendous response from
Michigan's environmental community and our legal
representation.  Thanks go to many.

Filing with MEC and represented by Olson, Noonan,
        Ursu & Ringsmuth, P.C (with deep appreciation
        from MEC for the contributions and talents of Jim
        Olson and Chris Bzdok)

        The League of Women Voters of Michigan
        Mackinac Chapter of the Sierra Club
        West Michigan Environmental Action Council
        Michigan  Land Use Institute
        Ecology Center of Ann Arbor
        Mid-Michigan Environmental Action Council
        Citizens Against Pollution
        Citizens for Alternatives to Chemical Contamination
        East Michigan Environmental Action Council
        Clean Water Action
                & many individual supporters, including the
                 Great Lakes Aquatic Habitat Fund

Michigan Natural Areas Council, represented
        by Chris Shafer, Esq.

Tip of the Mitt Watershed, represented by John
        Rohe, Esq.

Michigan Audubon Society, Detroit Audubon
        Society and the National Audubon Society
        represented by John Echeverria for NAS and
        Twohey Magginni, PLC

National Wildlife Federation and the Michigan
        United Conservation Clubs, Glenn Sugameli
        and Cam Davis

The Michigan Municipal League, the Michigan
Townships Association, and the State bar of
Michigan Public Corporation Law Section also
filed an amicus brief prepared by Gerald Fisher
and Thomas Schultz of Kohl, Secrest, Wardle, Lynch,
Clark and Hampton.

There are others who filed in support of the state,
including the U.S. Department of Justice and if  I've
forgotten any, my apologies.  But most importantly,
thanks and kudos go to Skip Pruss  and Peter Manning,
Assistant  Attorneys General, for outstanding coordination
and dedication to this case.

Julie Stoneman
Director of Land Programs
Michigan Environmental Council