E-M:/ Mich Food Safety Alliance

Enviro-Mich message from "Charles Cubbage" <CubbageC@state.mi.us>

Alex,  Regarding the messages relating to the Mich Food Safety Alliance, the group is, at this point, a sounding board, info input opportunity.  It is important that the group get ideas and input from all who have a stake and/or interest.  I would like to ask for your thoughts on who from the enviro community, would be able to provide input.

I note that there is concern re the flaws in the FDA reviewed studies on irradiation.  I believe it is important for the Alliance to look carefully at what the flaws are, when that issue gets on the agenda.  I have the info coming from Food & Water, but would like local expertise too, if available.
There are a whole lot of other issues that the group needs to look at, like E.coli in cider, etc.  The best way to make sure the Alliance works is to be willing to provide input, as well as watch.  Give me a call at 373-9744 and I'd like to chat re possibilities.

Although you "still can't forgive those ag guys"... I hope you don't lump me in with that  :>)  !  In fact all of "them" have retired!!  I know, some rhetoric dies hard.