E-M:/ Friends of the Crystal River thanks.....

Enviro-Mich message from "Barbara G. Weber" <bgweber@ibm.net>

For eleven years, Friends of the Crystal River has opposed a housing development and golf course on the Crystal River.  On March 31, 1998 Michigan's high court vacated all past court decisions and negated the state's permit. This is a remarkable victory for our grassroots organization. Friends gratefully thanks the environmental community for staying the "course" with us.

The Homestead may pursue the project again thru the Army Corp permit process  If so, we'll be there. Our heart has a river running thru it.

Kudos and thanks.  Pete Seeger, not the fat lady, sings it best: " When we sing another little victory song, precious friend you will be there".

Barbara Weber
President, Friends of the Crystal River
Barbara Weber
A Friend of the Crystal River.