Re: E-M:/ Oat Straw bales needed for roof Thatching Workshop in April

Enviro-Mich message from ECO ART DB <ECOARTDB@aol.com>

 Dear Farmers,

 We are  still trying to locate 5 oat straw bales to buy for a natural roof
thatching demonstration
 (see below for details).

 We are hoping to find someone as local as possible to buy the oat bales
 from.
 Our natural building site (strawbale studio) is located 1/2 hour north of
Pontiac in Oakland Co. Perhaps someone on this list knows a farmer
who has some this year.

                          Thanks,  Deanne Bednar  248-363-1756
                                          ecoartdb@aol.com

We will have two upcoming programs on Natural Thatched Roof construction:

 A One Day program
"INTRODUCTION  to  NATURAL ROOF THATCHING"
Saturday, April 25, 1-9 pm.  Includes demonstration of thatching,
observation of thatching in process, a potluck supper and slide show
with a discusssion period. Cost: $25 plus a dish to pass.

and a 12 day Natural Roof THATCHING WORKSHOP
                                 April 17-28
 Lead by Danish Thatcher, Flemming Abrhamsson
          on rural land in N. Oakland County.

 Learn the basics of natural roof thatching:
 collection, preparation, application of materials,
 history and roof design.  This hands-on workshop
 will prepare you to thatch your own natural roof.

 Thatched roofs are beautiful, and expected to
 last 20-75 depending on materials used.

   Workshop fee includes instruction,
 evening presentations on sustainability,
 2 meals per day and camping.($1050)
 Work/share adjustments available.
     Lodging available @$10/day.
 Contact Deanne Bednar 248-363-1756