Re: E-M:/ environmental books

Enviro-Mich message from Tim Flynn <tflynn@freeway.net>

Song of the Dodo, David Quammen- Outside Mag writer extraordinare.  This
is the best, and easiest to read book on the biodiversity crisis,  also a
fascinating exploration of life from far flung corners of the earth.

Saving Natures Legacy, Noss and Cooperrider - a more technical book on
conservation biology, understanding how to stop the death of birth
(extinction of species and populations)

The Forgotten Pollinators, Gary Nathban(sp?) and ??? - wonderful book on
pollination ecology, told through personal stories of the authors, very
readable.   You don't know anything about nature if until you understand
pollination dynamics, this book will give you that understanding.   Given
the recent news that 29% of the US's plants are threatened, it is a
timely read.

Tim Flynn   tflynn@freeway.net    PO Box 308, Harbor Springs, MI 49740