E-M:/ Solar Compost

Enviro-Mich message from "LeRoy Harvey" <uooffice@urbanoptions.org>

Now if that subject heading didn't get your attention....

You can find some information about composting and other resource-efficient ways at Urban Options this
weekend...

We're having a Solar Celebration - 20th anniversary - Earth Day Open House from 11am-4pm on Sunday, April
19th.  We're showing off a new solar-electric roofing shingle system - largest in the Midwest -- and
kicking off a statewide energy awareness campaign.

We'll have composting info - including vermicomposting demonstrations, solar-powered music, comedy, famous
people (including you), an enviro-magic show, children's activities, three electric vehicles, and more.
It's all at 405 Grove Street in East Lansing - next to the police station.  Walk, bike, bus, or share a
ride and park in the Grove St. parking ramp (don't swim).

If you miss the celebration, don't fret.  Check out these exciting opportunities...

- Global Warming Teleconference on Earth Day (call 888-999-MICH for details).

- Master Composter Class Wednesday eves in May sponsored by the City of Lansing Waste Reduction Services
and Ingham County MSU Extension (call 676-7207).

- Urban Options' website:  http://urbanoptions.org for more info on composting, the celebration, and a
bunch of other stuff.

LeRoy Harvey
Urban Options