E-M:/ Forwarded: zebe2: Permaculture announcement

Enviro-Mich message from "Molly Cole" <COLE@maelstrom.cc.wmich.edu>

Date:          Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:53:03 -0500 (EST)
From:          zebe2@juno.com (Zelda N Stoltzfus)
Subject:       zebe2: Permaculture announcement
To:            molly.cole@wmich.edu

From: zebe2
To:molly.cole@wmich.edu
Subject: Permaculture announcement
Date:Mon. March 23,1998

Great Circle Farms PERMACULTURE WORKSHOP

What:  A highly stimulating and intensive learning experience, focusing
on permaculture concepts, design strategies, and hands-on interaction.
Emphasis on analysis, application, and long-term sustainability planning.
 Guest speakers, multiple outdoor activities.

When: May 5, 2 p.m. through May 10, 5 p.m.

Location: Great Circle Farm, Goshen, IN has been an organic farm for
twenty years.  Our ten acres is located eleven miles from the Michigan
line.  The centerpiece of our permaculture site is a strawbale greenhouse
constructed last fall with financial assistance from USDA Sustainable
Agriculture Research and Education program.  We offer a lovely rural
setting, containing organic gardens, goat pastures, woods, hiking and
biking trails.  We market our three acres of produce as a CSA, providing
our members a wide selection of fruits, vegetables, herbs, eggs, and goat
milk and cheese.

Cost:  $225 includes tuition, whole foods vegetarian meals, camping
facilities

Contact:  Beth Neff or Zelda Stoltzfus, 201 N. 22nd St., Goshen, IN
46528, (219) 533-7936

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Program Coordinator
Environmental Studies
239 Moore Hall
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Phone: (616) 387-2716 Fax: (616) 387-4998
http://www.wmich.edu/science/docs/esp/esp.html
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you've never been
in bed with a mosquito."