Re: E-M:/ State of the Great Lakes 1997 Annual Report

Enviro-Mich message from Tom Stanton <stanton7@pilot.msu.edu>

Were any other Michigan environmentalists offended by the articles in this annual report of the Great Lakes?  I found many of the articles incredibly slanted...so much propaganda for the "don't worry be happy" school of environmental management.  If anyone is preparing to work on a serious counterpoint
publication, I will be happy to help to point out other points of view on some of the subjects presented.  To wit: global climate destabilization, the future of the auto industry and the meaning of auto industry atmospheric carbon reductions, etc.

-- Tom Stanton, Lansing