Re: E-M:/ Do you like the sound of "Senator Tom Alley"????

At 01:24 PM 5/18/1998 -0400, you wrote:

>> I know nothing about Sen. Gougeon, but I know he CAN'T be as bad for the
>> environment of this state as Mr. Alley.
>
>In the last vote chart the Mackinac Chapter of the Sierra Club produced
>(1995-1996 session), Sen. Gougeon had a score of 0. The issues included the
>destruction of the Polluter Pay legislation, Audit Privilege legislation,
>Nordhouse Dunes settlement, Incinerator ash, import waste,and DNR Budget
>for groundwater pollution.

Julie:

Hmmm....   Sounds like Senator Gougeon needs a lot of
education work on enviro issues....   thanks for posting this
to give perspective.

However, even if his record is not great, I think a most powerful Tom Alley
will be more dangerous since he will be inclined to lead in the
anti-environmental direction.   This will make it more difficult for
conservative democrats in the Senate to support environmental/conservation
issues there.

Alex

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!            ajs@sagady.com
PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)