E-M:/ ACT TODAY:Timber marking AGAIN

Folks --

Yeah, I know you are tired of hearing about this issue, but view it as a step
by step exposure to the actual budget deliberation process in the MI
Legislature.  That will not necessarily inspire confidence, but I hope it will
inspire action!

TODAY (Wed May 20) at 2 p.m. the full Senate Appropriations Committee will be
taking up many budgets, including the DNR's budget.  There is a chance to have
this issue again aired, with the aim of getting Section 903 of HB 5591
deleted, thus removing the mandated floor on timber marking on state forests.
Clearly, the folks who want this figure enviros will wear out eventually and
just let it go, but this is a symbolic issue in the fight over proper
management of our state public lands, so I hope you will all make sure to pick
up the phone and make a call today!

The Senate Appropriations Committee members can all be reached by calling the
Capitol Switchboard (517) 373-1873 and asking for the office of the Senator.
PLEASE DO CALL -- SIMPLE MESSAGE:REMOVE THE TIMBER MARKING MANDATE IN THE DNR
BUDGET BILL!  THANK YOU -- list of Senate Approps members below:

Chairman Harry Gast (R-St. Joseph), V.Chair Robert Geake (R-Northville), Dan
DeGrow (R-Port Huron), John Schwarz (R-Battle Creek), Jon Cisky(R-Saginaw),
George McManus (R-Traverse City), Phil Hoffman(R-Horton), Glenn Steil
(R-G.Rapids), Walter North (R-St.Ignace), Joel Gougeon (R-Bay City), Minority
V.Chair Joe Conroy (D-Flint), Jackie Vaughn (D-Detroit), Don Koivisto
(D-Ironwood), Alma Wheeler Smith(D-Ann Arbor), Joe Young JR. (D-Detroit), and
Ken DeBeaussaert (D-Mt.Clemens).