E-M:/ WI aquaculture legislation raises question about MI-Reply

Enviro-Mich message from "Tracy  Mehan" <mehang@state.mi.us>

We had a go here in Michigan, what?, two years ago on a piece of aquaculture legislation.  DNR, Ofc. of the Great Lakes, DEQ, MDA were all involved.  Primary concern at the time was potential introduction of exotic species.  No one could agree on the proper oversight agency(with the industry).  Thus, we were reduced to actually writing a list of species to be excluded from aquaculture operations in Michigan!  Mark Coscarelli of the Office of the Great Lakes is the contact for us.  Fisheries for DNR.  Bob Craig, MDA.  I will try to get more info for you.