E-M:/ Fw: Adams Mine E.A. Decision - Next Stage in the Struggle

Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Surfus" <jeffsurfus@email.msn.com>

Hello Enviro-Michers,

I am forwarding the following message from activists in Northern Ontario
regarding a battle they are fighting to keep an abandoned surface mine from
becoming a huge solid waste disposal site.  What does this have to do with
Michigan?  It's likely that if this site is approved, much less garbage will
come into Michigan from Toronto specifically and Ontario in general.

On the surface, this sounds like good news for Michigan, but in reality it
is just more bad waste management planning by government decisionmakers in
Ontario.  It appears that Ontario is real mirror image of Michigan these
days when it comes to environmental (mis)management.  Instead of sending
their garbage and every environmental headache that goes with it hundreds of
miles away to Michigan, Toronto may instead be sending it hundreds of miles
away to the backyards of fellow Ontarians who have no say in the matter.

I'm not sure who, but I would bet there is a multi-national corporation
involved here who stands to make a financial killing at the expense of the
people in Northern Ontario, just like BFI is profiting at the expense of
people in Michigan.

The folks in Kirkland Lake, Ontario need the support of everyone who cares
about the future of waste management and those who care about changing our
"out of site, out of mind" disposal mentality.

Please help support them!

(Note:  the following message has embellishments by me in parentheses to
help translate)