E-M:/ drain code

Enviro-Mich message from "Rep. Karen Willard" <kwillar@house.state.mi.us>

The Michigan Legislature is presently working on revisions to the
Michigan Drain Code.  The bill was voted out of Committee on Tuesday and
has now been sent to the House Floor.  I am interested in hearing from
citizens and seeing any articles on local experiences, good or bad, with
the Drain Law.  As we debate changes to certain portions of the code it
would be helpful to review real experiences with the current code.  I am
focusing on, although not limited to four main areas of concern: due
process, taxation, property rights and environmental resource/
conservation considerations.  If you wish to offer your experience and
insight to the legislative process, please contact me immediately at
1-800-423-8282; P.O. box 30014, Lansing, MI 48909; or at
kwillar@house.state.mi.us.

Karen Willard
State Representative