Re: E-M:/ FW: KEEBLER CO. AND HERSHEY CHOCOLATE USA: OFFICIAL S'MORES OF THE STATE PARKS

Enviro-Mich message from Karen Jankowski <Kjankows@umd.umich.edu>

I don't think it's such a bad idea.  At least it's a sponsorship that's
a family thing and not one of the alcohol or tobacco companies.  Might
bring back fond memories for people.

Also, any extra money to help the state parks is a good idea.  A lot of
people from out of state use our parks and don't have to pay taxes here
in the state like we do (except for sales tax and that's high enough).
As long as the state parks get the full benefit of the extra money and
it's not diverted into some general fund, I say let's give it a try.

Now I must go see if I have ingredients for s'more's. (the power of
suggestion for a childhood treat)

Karen Jankowski
U of M Environmental Studies student