Re: E-M:/ MUCC on parks issues

Enviro-Mich message from Karen Tuerk <ktuerk@execpc.com>

My sentiments exactly, David.

It's not about coupons.  It  is about the dangerous precedent of allowing
corporations (private interests) to sponsor the costs of managing "public"
lands/institutions.  Such sponsorship often comes with strings attached.  Strings
that may guide future management decisions.  Corporate sponsorship is also one
step towards the all out privatization of public lands which some federal
legislators are already pushing for on a national level.

Karen Tuerk