E-M:/ REP America

Enviro-Mich message from "Tamilyn H. Sanderson" <sirdufus@freeway.net>

Hello out there!  I am new to enviro-mich but boy am I glad your here.  I
just became the Michigan coordinator for REP America.  I'm up on national
enviro stuff, but as far as Michigan is concerned, I don't know what all is
going on.

I will be starting a web page for Michigan, at our website (see address
below).  I need to know what the top issues are here in Mich. Not just
legislation, but the issues that keep coming up over and over, ei water,
forest, dunes, fish, ect.  Please I can use any info about our environment.
 Thanks.  FYI here is what REP America is all about.

Calling All Conservation-Minded Republicans...

Republicans for Environmental Protection. To many these days, that sounds
like an oxymoron. But REP AMERICA, a national grassroots organization of
Republicans for Environmental Protection, is a fast-growing group of
ordinary Republicans who are distressed by the anti-environmental
direction that GOP leaders have taken in recent years. REP members are
working from within to restore the party's conservation tradition.

Past Republican leaders such as Theodore Roosevelt and Richard Nixon
understood that conservation is conservative, and they acted on that
principle by setting aside special lands for permanent protection and
passing laws to protect the air we breathe, the water we drink and the
wildlife we cherish.

REP AMERICA's goals are to resurrect the GOP's conservation tradition and
to restore natural resource conservation and sound environmental
protection as fundamental elements of the Republican Party's vision for
America. REP AMERICA advocates strong legislation to accomplish these
goals while adhering to Republican principles of fiscal responsibility
and smaller government.

Founded in 1995, REP AMERICA now has members in 47 states and the
District of Columbia. Among the largest state groups are Arizona,
California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Oregon and Washington. Efforts
are under way to establish a chapter in Michigan.

REP AMERICA's separate political action network, Republicans for
Environmental Protection, endorses and works for the election of
Republican candidates who support strong laws to clean up the nation's
air and water, protect public health, preserve our natural heritage, and
restore endangered wildlife.

REP AMERICA invites all registered Republicans and Republican-supportive
voters to join its efforts to protect the land we love and restore the
GOP tradition of conservation leadership.

For more information, visit REP AMERICA's web site (www.repamerica.org)
or contact President Martha Marks by phone at (847) 940-0320, by e-mail
at martha@repamerica.org, or by postal mail at P.O. Box 7073, Deerfield
IL, 60015. Or you can contact the Michigan coordinator, Tamilyn
Sanderson, at  sirdufus@freeway.net or 616-348-2685