Re: E-M:/ Fieger on Environment

Enviro-Mich message from Karen Jankowski <Kjankows@umd.umich.edu>

Mr. Fieger needs to get this platform out in the open.  Not everyone has
access to the internet.  Hopefully he will expand more on what he will
do to protect and defend our environment.

Wonder what he'll do with Russell Harding????  Will Fieger find a way to
fund more money to the DEQ so more field people can be hired to inspect
facilities from large to small, inspect the landfills to make sure they
are abiding by the rules, will he find funds to have statewide recycling
and more things and ways to recycle to end filling landfills, will he
find a way to educate the people through better environmental programs
in our school systems,...

But most of all, will he follow through on his platform once elected.
We all know Engler's track record with the environment, change has to
happen before business is allowed to destroy this beautiful state we
have.

I'm watching what happens now between these two.  If Fieger means a
better environment, then maybe he should be governor.  I'm going to see
how things progress.

Karen Jankowski
Environmental Studies student
Univ. of Michigan - Dearborn