E-M:/ Enviro-Mich Malfunction & Let's Keep On Topic & Domain Problems

Enviro-Mich Malfunction

Enviro-Mich has been malfunctioning since about Thursday
and several messages that were sent to enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
were not sent to the list....too many for me to forward.

At this writing on Monday afternoon, Enviro-Mich appears to
again be functioning properly.

You may want to resend items that you attempted to circulate.

Let's Keep On Topic

Also, I am asking all persons who circulate messages on
Enviro-Mich to ensure that all messages deal with
MICHIGAN ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND
CONSERVATION ISSUES....which is the purpose of
this list.

National alerts are relevant as long as there is explicitly stated
Michigan content, such as how the legislation will affect Michigan,
requests to contact specific Michigan congressional delegation
members, information about citizen action in Michigan on national
issues or other relevant Michigan content.

Michigan environmental protection and conservation issues
EXPLICITLY INCLUDES LOCAL ISSUES IN MICHIGAN.   Let's
hear about your hard fought local environmental and conservation
issues and what local citizens are doing about these issues.  All
Great Lakes matters are relevant.

Also relevant is anything dealing with the environmental content of
Michigan elections, anything going on in MDEQ and MDNR,
conferences, meetings and employment openings with Michigan/Great Lakes
content, and the  environmental impact of Michigan corporations and
municipalities
here in Michigan.

Also, this list was established with a particular interest in
exposing all of the damaging aspects of the Engler Administration,
so please feel free to fire away on this issue.

Finally, if your reply will not be of interest to the entire list, please
restrict it only to the person to which the reply is directed and
not to the whole list.

Domain Problems for Posting

I continue to get bounced messages from folks attempting to post
to the list who are not posting from the original domain name contained
in the subscription to Enviro-Mich.   You must be subscribed to the
list in order to post to the list  (this is how we avoid spams on Enviro-Mich).

For example if you originally subscribed with the email address,
round_gobi@JohnEngler.gov,  your message will always bounce if
you then attempt to post from the email account,  round_gobi@cut&run.com

You'll need to get this right if you want to ensure your email goes
out promptly or at all as I don't have time to promptly forward all
bounced mail or I may be off on business or off generating fugitive dust
exposure for bears on H-58 in the U.P. and cannot attend to
forwarding your message.

Alex Sagady
Listowner, Enviro-Mich
Volunteer, Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)