Re: E-M:/ Army Corps Hearing on Wetland permitting today

Enviro-Mich message from cyndi roper <croper@cleanwater.org>

Alex and others:
Nolan Bennett from our East Lansing office attended and testified. He can be
reached at 517.337.4447 for more details.

Our phone canvass has been working on this issue for a couple of months.
Nolan could provide information about this as well.

Cyndi

Cyndi Roper
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund
4990 Northwind Dr., Suite 210
East Lansing, MI  48823
voice: (517) 337-4447 fax: (517) 337-2833  e-mail: croper@cleanwater.org

At 01:35 PM 8/25/98 -0400, Alex J. Sagady & Associates wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com>
>
>I just received the newsletter of the Clean Water Network
>which mentioned that there is a hearing at Cobo Hall today at 2 PM
>on the proposal to amend "NWP 26" for permitting of activities
>in wetlands.
>
>CWN says that the proposed new NWP26 would allow significantly
>more destruction of wetlands, including wetlands adjacent to
>rivers and streams.
>
>Details are at www.cwn.org  under what's new
>
>Deadline for comments is August 31.
>
>If anyone is working on this and attending the meeting in Detroit,
>would they please post more information on how this would
>affect Michigan.     Has MDEQ commented and what did they say??

>Alex J. Sagady & Associates        Email:  ajs@sagady.com
>Environmental Consulting and Database Systems
>PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
>(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)

Cyndi Roper, Michigan Director
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund
35482 Groesbeck Highway
Clinton Township, MI  48035