E-M:/ Re: EN ALL - Paperless Legislature Question From State Rep. Greg Kaza

Enviro-Mich message from "Kerrin O'Brien" <mirc@voyager.net>

So, in my office approximately 80 sheets of paper equals one pound.
According to the conversion: "Every ton of paper recycled saves 17 trees
and 3 cubic yards of landfill space," 283.05 trees and 49.95 cublic
yards of landfill space would be saved if the legislature recycled all
of its paper.

Furthermore, 999 pounds of air pollution could be avoided and 68,265 KWH
of energy could be saved (that's enough energy to power almost 17
average homes for 6 months), if the legislature recycled all of its
paper.

These conversion tools have been around for years, although I don't know
where they originated.  Hope it helps.

Kerrin O'Brien
Michigan Recycling Coalition