E-M:/ EDF on Toxic Emission Inventories

Forwarded bounced message to enviro-mich.....

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:42:25 -0400
Subject: Great Lakes Air Toxic Emissions Inventory

From: Benjamin Smith@EDF on 09/10/98 04:42 PM

This press release on the Great Lakes Commission release of the "Great
Lakes Regional Air Toxic Emissions Inventory," was posted August 24th.  For
all of those interested in the Air Toxic Emissions Inventory, I encourage
you to take a look at the Environmental Defense Fund's Chemical Scorecard
(http://www.scorecard.org), a new database that provides TRI data on
facilities across the country in a map based search engine format.  Also,
and particularly most useful in light of this inventory, activists can use
the Scorecard's Chemical Profiles feature to get detailed health, toxicity,
and industry use data on thousands of commonly used chemicals, including
those identified in the Emissions Inventory.

If anybody has any questions about the Chemical Scorecard, please contact
me.  My contact information is below.  Good luck!

Benjamin Smith
Outreach Coordinator
Environmental Defense Fund's Pollution Prevention Alliance
1875 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C.  20009
202/387-3500 ext.  116
202/234-6049 fax
benjamin_smith@edf.org
http://www.edf.org

epa2110@epa.state.il.us
wongpe@ene.gov.on.ca
>Chun Yi Wu, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, 651-282-5855,
>chun.yi.wu@pca.state.mn.us
>*Steering Committee Chair
>

>The Great Lakes Commission is a nonpartisan, interstate compact agency
>created by state and federal law and dedicated to promoting a strong
>economy, clean environment and high quality of life for residents of the
>eight-state Great Lakes region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota,
New