E-M:/ Last Call for MECCE ' 98 eco -conference!

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

The Michigan Ecumenical Consultation on Christianity and Ecology's fourth
statewide conference is set for Oct 16-18th at a United Methodist Church camp
in the Irish Hills area, about an hour from Detroit.  Registration deadline is
Sept 25th !! (though it may be extended slightly. It's very important,
however, that you call the Michigan Ecumenical Forum *asap* to inquire and
hold a space, if you are interested.
The number is 517-485-4395 ).

The conference title and theme are :  "Abundant Living in an Ecological Age -
an ecumenical conference on the Gospel and the Environment" .  Using the text
John 10:10  [in which Christ says that he came that we might have life, and
have it abundantly ] , conference speakers and workshops will explore what it
means to "live abundantly" in our society, and what it *should* mean, based on
the Gospel AND on ecological principles.  The conf starts late Friday
afternoon, and will conclude by Sunday noon. We also plan to have a
"conference bookstore" with a lot of great titles on eco-spirituality, etc.
(and books by our speakers).

Main speakers -  Dr. Jay McDaniel, prof of Religion, Hendrix College, AK, and
author of several books (including "Of God and Pelicans", "With Roots and
Wings");  Dr. Orin Gelderloos, prof of environmental studies, UM Dearborn
(author of "Eco-Theology) ; and Rev. Richard Killmer, of the Eco-Justice
Working Group of the Nat'l Council of Churches of Christ.
Registration fee  $80,  plus lodging (varies).

If you cannot attend, *please* share news of this event with anyone you think
might be interested - our registration numbers so far are much lower than we
would like.

peace to you, peace to the earth

Kim Winchell