E-M:/ Re: recycling plastic

Enviro-Mich message from tobler <wtobler@tdi.net>

> {...}
> Ask for paper bags and reuse them the next time you go to the grocery store.
> It is amazing how easy it is to remember them (after a while).  You could
> maybe use the plastic bags you have as trash liners.

> Jenny Allen

Excellent idea.  Better yet, buy or make canvas bags.  If grocery stores
added a nickel or dime per bag discount as an incentive to use them,
*and* if they sold these bags themselves (at reasonable prices), we may
be able to instigate change on a large scale.

Currently, canvas or muslin bags are a bit small, have some logo or
design on them, and are too expensive.  Several years ago, however, I
discovered some plain, large bags at reasonable cost and have used them
ever since.  It didn't take me long to feel odd and *guilty* on the rare
occassions that I end up with paper or plastic!

Wendy Tobler