E-M:/ Recent enviro stories on Michigan Live

Enviro-Mich message from Poulsondav@aol.com

    Washtenaw County residents interested in participating in a world-wide
effort to document "green areas" have until Thursday to submit local sites for
a county map.
The so-called Green Map will document "sustainable sites" around the county.
That includes sites such as parks, farmers markets, bike paths, bird
sanctuaries, recycling centers and sewage treatment plants.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/greenmap.frm

Township officials throughout Jackson County have taken a tentative first step
toward creating a regional water and sewer system.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/waterplan.frm

Frankenmuth Township farmer Bernie H. Keinath says country charm often loses
its allure once newcomers catch a whiff of it.
He and others have noticed what some former city dwellers do after the siren's
song has lured them to the country: They complain.
"It took me out of the dairy business because I can't compete with the
complaints about the smell,"
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/wideop$02.frm

LANSING - Families who agree to move into abandoned houses or build homes on
vacant land in Michigan's inner cities could receive help from the
government.http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/houses.frm

Minorities have reason to believe they're exposed to more toxic pollutants
than others but so far haven't found a way to prove it in court, a University
of Michigan-Ann Arbor professor says.
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/envpanel.frm