E-M:/ More Forest Service Information

Enviro-Mich message from "david zaber" <dzaber@gateway.net>

Michigan Forest Activists,

Given the recent efforts of the Ottawa NF to trade public lands to a local
developer for some cut over aspen land, I wanted to point out a related
story in a recent Seattle Times article.  You can access the article at:

 http://www.seattletimes.com/news/local/html98/spec_092898.html

I strongly recommend anyone interested in federal/private land trades read
this interesting and infuriating story about the taxpayers getting fleeced
for the benefit of rich "developers".  If you are interested in more
information on the Ottawa land trade, contact the Ottawa NF Supervisor's
office in Watersmeet, MI. Ask for information on the Andreski Land Trade
deal.

For a very interesting and up to date web page, access the Tidepool. It is
a wonderful synopsis of west coast environmental information that often
pertains to other areas of the country, including our own state of
Michigan.  Opps. I live in Maryland now. sorry.

p.s. The governor's race in Maryland is heating up.  Pro-environment
Democrat verse Anti-environment Republican.  Sounds like Michigan too.

Best

David John Zaber
904 Glaizewood Court
Takoma Park, MD 20912