E-M:/ real stories of the environmentally challenged

Enviro-Mich message from KevinHile@aol.com

These are actual comments left on Forest Service comment cards by backpackers
completing wilderness camping trips. Gives you an idea of what we're fighting
against:

 * "A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles.
    Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call."

 * "Escalators would help on steep uphill sections."

 * "Instead of a permit system for hikers, the Forest Service
    needs to reduce worldwide population growth to limit the
    number of visitors to wilderness."

 * "Trails need to be wider so people can walk
    while holding hands."

 * "Found a smouldering cigarette left by a horse."

 * "Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building
    trails that go uphill."

 * "Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs.
    Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests."

 * "Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow
    in the winter."

 * "Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get
    to wonderful views without having to hike to them."

 * "The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me
   awake. Please meradicate these annoying animals."

 * "Need more signs to keep area pristine."

 * "A McDonald's would be nice at the trailhead."

 * "The places where trails do not exist are not
    well marked."

 * "Too many rocks in the mountains."