E-M:/ Re: Re: Environmental documents

Enviro-Mich message from "rjriley" <rjriley@rjriley.com>

Can anyone on ENVIRO-MICH help this person.  Please reply directly to them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Clemings, The Fresno Bee <Clemings@cris.com>
To: CARR-L@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU <CARR-L@ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: Environmental documents

You might try the EPA Envirofacts system at <http://www.epa.gov/enviro/>,
which provides public access to some portions of EPA's databases.

Depending on what industry your target is in, you might also check the EPA
Sector Facility Indexing Project at <http://es.epa.gov/oeca/sfi/>, a pilot
project that now covers six industries (e.g. petroleum refining) and is
supposed to cover more in time. The "Detailed Facility Report" option
gives you a nice (although somewhat cryptic) summary of permits,
violations and related stuff.

You should also of course check with the applicable state agencies for
stuff that doesn't get reported to EPA for whatever reason, and if your
target is a publicly help company, check the SEC's Edgar filings,
especially the 10K (annual report) which should include any environmental
compliance issues important enough to affect earnings.

rac

Russell Clemings/The Fresno Bee
1626 E St./Fresno CA 93786
v: 209-441-6371/f: 209-441-6436
Primary: clemings@cris.com
Alternate: clemings@fresnobee.com
  Environmental Journalism Home Page:
  http://www.sej.org
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Eric Burroughs wrote:

> Can someone tell me the best way to get documents on environmental code
> violations? I've searched around the EPA homesite without much success.
> Would such violations be most likely dealt with at the state level
> instead? I'm searching for potential violations by a particular company.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Eric

enviro-mich"