E-M:/ TRI Deficiency

Enviro-Mich message from MUCC <mucc@mucc.org>

Alex and others:

I am writing my master's thesis on the deficiencies of the Toxic Release
Inventory, specifically the futility of reporting pounds of emissions
instead of risk.  I plan to show that the purpose for enacting EPCRA and
TRI was to inform citizens of the health risks in their community due to
industry, and that the TRI fails to meet this requirement because pounds
emitted does not equal risk.

I was wondering if you had any literature on this topic.

Thanks,

Julie Metty
131 West South Street
Williamston, MI 48895