E-M:/ Detoit's big muni incinerator

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

The Hamtramck Environmental Action Team is compiling information on the
Detroit municipal waste incinerator near the intersection of I-94 and I-75. Is
it really the biggest in the country? I know there was a battle over emissions
and permits about 10 years ago, and I've heard they installed "better"
controls but then were allowed to accept more waste. Is anybody from "our
side" actively. monitoring or keeping track of what this beast is doing these
days? Could someone provide the current status of their permit including
emission limits, testing and monitoring requirements, capacity, control
technology, recent violations? I know some of you out there could write a book
about this, and if you do I'll read it- Thank You-rob

Rob Cedar
HEAT Hamtramck Environmental Action Team
1999 Trowbridge - Hamtramck, MI 48212
(313) 365-4722 or robc313@aol.com