Re: Re: E-M:/ G. Marx and wetlands issue

Mr. Riley,

I think Mrs. Dobson was off the mark too. You are also. Asking taxpayers to
foot the bill for protection of wetlands? I think conservation easements are a
viable way of preserving vital lands and watersheds, but are simply inadequate
for replacing law and policy.

Do you think a greedy developer is going to sacrifice BIG profits for some
dinky tax write off?? NOT.

I think the post today on enviro-mich regarding the Cedar River Suit (Way to
go Chris!!) is good reflection of the work ethic of most if not all
developers. This is a motley crew that history will not treat well.

Also, you miss the point that there are laws which have been subverted and
"reinterpreted" to make it legal (rubber stamp) to pave right up to the edge
of wetlands. I am sure the nazi's made all kinds of things legal. This does
not mean they are right, moral, or good. .

As far as holding DEQ staff accountable, i have said at least four times now,
we all know that there are good field staff in our agencies. Gary Marx is
apparently not one of them. When people like myself attack the DEQ, we usually
MAKE IT CLEAR that we know it is the upper management, Key appointees
(cronnies) and corrupt Engler regime that is at fault.

Noone, including yourself or Gary have answered the real question, what is
"use" if it isnt using wetlands as sewers to retain and "filter" toxics and
storm run off, which contains god knows what concoctions. I hear all kinds of
rhetoric about this and that and the other thing. How about quit evading the
question. This is so DEQ like.

So what "is" "use?" if not sewer? Reinvent that.

Still waiting,

Murray