E-M:/ Fewer Than 40% of Eligible Expected to Vote!

Enviro-Mich message from Michael Boyce <birder@voyager.net>

Paraphrased From USA Today - Online Edition 10/28/98

"The invisible voter is everywhere"

As the nation approaches an election Tuesday that
could determine the fate of the Clinton presidency
and the political course to close out the millennium,
fewer than four in 10 eligible voters are expected to
participate. Further, many experts say voter turnout,
which has been falling for three decades, could sink
November 3rd, to an all-time low for a general election
in the middle of a presidential term.

            HELP GET OUT THE VOTE!!!

Before you make excuses as to why you can't help, consider
the following and consider the alternatives.

If we want good legislation, we MUST elect good legislators!
The fact is, more environmental decisions will be determined
this November 3rd, then durring the rest of the century.

           Think about it - Act on it.

Take the 10 by 10 challange. Challange yourself to make just
10 phone calls to 10 people you know... your friends, family,
co-workers, neighbors, etc., it really doesn't matter who.
Ask each of those you contact to vote this November 3rd.
Remind them to think about our environment while they are
casting their votes. Then challange them to make 10 calls just
like you are doing. It's easy. It's fun. It's pro-active & useful.

     WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE... WE MUST!

YOU and I are the last line of defence.  If we don't do it,
who will?

Mike Boyce
Baker Sanctuary Resident Manager
Michigan Audubon Society