Re: E-M:/ knollenberg gets head in sand award

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

>>"Mr. Knollenberg has done his best to overlook the massive amount of
evidence pointing toward significant climate change," said Pollack.  "But
he doesn't want to be alone in his ignorance.  He's tried to block the U.S.
public from learning about the issue and the U.S. EPA from talking about it."
<<

I'd like to applaud the MEC for making such an excellent choice for their
"Head in the Sand" award.    :-)

AND - I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that I have been assisting
the National Council of Churches of Christ as the Michigan coordinator in
their nine-state "Midwest Interfaith Global Warming Campaign."

This campaign is intended to raise awareness among the religious community on
the climate change / global warming issue, and to undergird the scientific
consensus with a moral consensus that the U.S. must approve the Kyoto Protocol
and take steps to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Some educational materials have been prepared for congregational use :  a
five-session easy to use group bible study called "It's God's World :
Christians, the Environment, and Climate Change" and two printed pieces
intended for use as worship bulletin inserts or including in a church's
newsletter.  There is also a more extensive "strategy packet" available which
includes the aforementioned items, plus information on obtaining a PSA
announcement for tv stations and additional background information on global
warming.

If anyone is interested in obtaining these materials for use in their
congregation, drop me an email, and I'll get them to you.

Kim Winchell