E-M:/ Jobs: Earth Day 2000 Organizer; E. D., Glen Canyon Institute

ENVIRO MICH -- forwarded for your information -- don't contact me for more
info, contact the originators (see bottom of each listing).  Anne Woiwode

Job Openings (2): Earth Day 2000 Organizer, E. D., Glen Canyon Institute

EARTH DAY 2000

Job Opening: SENIOR ORGANIZER

Earth Day 2000 seeks an organized, energetic, fired-up person to be Senior
Organizer of its national field campaign.  Do you have campaign experience
(environmental and/or political)?  Are you interested in working long hours
on a project where the pay-off is a cleaner, safer world for the future?
Are you creative, resilient, and fun to work with?

The Senior Organizer will (among other things):

- Assist in development and implementation of Earth Day 2000's national field
  strategy.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Regional Coordinators (and other staff).
- Network, network, network.
- Engage in public speaking locally and nationally.

Earth Day 2000 is an international campaign using the latest information
technology and traditional grassroots organizing to mobilize half a billion
people around the world to challenge the power of vested interests and
protect the public interest.  Earth Day 2000 will accelerate the phase-out
of fossil fuels and nuclear power, and promote the efficient use of
renewable energy resources.

This is not your typical campaign!  We are looking for that unique blend of
experience and adventurous spirit that will help make Earth Day 2000 the
most exciting and diverse Earth Day yet!  Women and people of color are
encouraged to apply!

Salary: $25,000 - $35,000, DOE.  Position includes excellent benefits.

Deadline for applications is November 15, 1998.  Please send a cover letter
and resume to:

        Christopher Curtis
        National Coordinator
        Earth Day 2000
        91 Marion Street
        Seattle, WA 98104
        mailto:ccurtis@earthday.net

Peter Drekmeier
Executive Director
Earth Day 2000
91 Marion Street
Seattle, WA 98104
Tel (206) 405-1773
mailto:pdrekmeier@earthday.net

Wanted: Executive  Director, Glen Canyon Institute

Please distribute widely.  Apologies for any cross-postings.  Expanded job
description for this position will be available on our website by mid-
November.  Contact me via email if you have any questions.

David Orr
GCI Board member
mailto:davidorr@aol.com

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, GLEN CANYON INSTITUTE

Small nonprofit in Salt Lake City seeks self-starter to lead effort to
decommission Glen Canyon Dam.  Prime opportunity for dynamic, visionary
individual seeking exciting work in environmental restoration advocacy.
Responsibility for program planning and implementation, public outreach,
speaking, fundraising, volunteer/staff management.  Prefer 2 yrs
experience in
nonprofit advocacy or management.  For information on current programs and an
expanded job description, visit our website www.glencanyon.org.  Send a
resume
and letter of interest to:

Search Committee