E-M:/ VOTE TO PROTECT OUR FAMILIES AND TO PRESERVE MICHIGAN'S ENVIRONMENT

Enviro-Mich message from Michigan Clean Water Action Vote Environment <elansingcwa@cleanwater.org>

MICHIGAN CLEAN WATER ACTION VOTE ENVIRONMENT ANNOUNCES IT ENDORSEMENTS!

Vote to Protect Our Families and to Preserve Michigan's Environment!

The Elections on Tuesday, November 3rd are of critical importance since the
outcome will have a significant impact on our efforts to protect our lakes,
rivers, drinking water and other natural resources. Voters will have the
option to elect politicians who put the health  interests of their families
first rather than the economic interests of  polluters.  As a  non-partisan
citizens' organization, our endorsements  let you know which candidates care
about your family's health and future regardless of party affiliation.

Our endorsement committee based its recommendations on several different
factors including candidate responses to our questionnaire and candidate
leadership on environmental and conservation issues. In answering the
questionnaire, candidates listed their top environmental priorities and
provided their stances on safeguarding our families from health threatening
pollution, protecting our lakes and rivers, promoting recycling, and
preventing pollution.

In addition to the endorsements, we have contacted tens of thousands of
voters through our field outreach, volunteer phone banks and radio ads.
Although the $15,000 we have spent on state races doesn't match the millions
spent by polluters, the environmental community will make a significant
impact on the elections. The work of Michigan Clean Water Action Vote
Environment, the Sierra Club, and Michigan League of Conservation Voters
during these elections will also raise the profile of environmental and
conservation issues with current and newly elected legislators.

PLEASE CALL MICHIGAN CLEAN WATER ACTION VOTE ENVIRONMENT AT (517) 337-2859
or E-MAIL US AT <elansingcwa@cleanwater.org> IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHICH DISTRICT
YOU ARE IN, FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON CANDIDATES OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO
VOLUNTEER.

VISIT http://www.libofmich.lib.mi.us/special/citizenguide/maps.html FOR
DISTRICT MAPS ONLY.

Congressional Districts

Endorsement
1-BART STUPAK
7-JIM BERRYMAN
8-DEBBIE STABENOW
10-DAVID BONIOR
13-LYNN RIVERS

State Senate Districts

Endorsement	        County/Area
11-KEN DEBEAUSSAERT	Macomb (part)
14-GARY PETERS	        Oakland (part)
18-ALMA WHEELER SMITH	Washtenaw  (part)
19-PHILIP HOFFMAN	Jackson, Hillsdale, Branch
21-KRISTI CARAMBULA	Kalamazoo, St. Joseph (part)
24-VIOLET HINTON	Eaton, Calhoun, Ingham (part)
27-DAN BEWERSDORFF	St. Clair, Lapeer, Sanilac
28-JOHN CHERRY, JR	Genesee (part),  Oakland (part)
29-BOB EMERSON	        Genesee (part)
33-BARBARA MCDONALD	Saginaw, Gratiot
37-KAY ANN CHASE	NE Lower Peninsula, E Upper Peninsula

State House Districts

Endorsement	        County
14-DERRICK HALE	        Wayne (part)
18-EILEEN DEHART	Wayne (part)
22-RAYMOND BASHAM	Wayne (part)
26-WILLIAM CALLAHAN	Macomb (part)
34-DAVE WOODWARD	Oakland (part)
35-GILDA Z. JACOBS	Oakland (part)
40-PATRICIA GODCHAUX	Oakland (part)
41-DAVE RICHARDS	Oakland (part)
47-ROSE BOGARDUS	Genesee (part)
48-VERA RISON	        Genesee (part)
50-DEBORAH CHERRY	Genesee (part)
52-JOHN HANSEN	        Washtenaw (part)
53-LIZ BRATER	        Washtenaw (part)
61-BOB GOODWIN	        Kalamazoo (part)
62-MARK SCHAUER	        Calhoun (part)
63-TOM COOK	        Calhoun (part)
67-WILLIAM KEITH	Ingham (part), Livingston (part)
69-LYNNE MARTINEZ	Ingham (part)
70-LAURA BAIRD	        Ingham (part)
71-PHIL BROWN	        Eaton (part)
81-HOWARD HEIDEMANN	St. Clair (part)
89-JON JELLEMA	        Ottawa (part)
95-MICHAEL HANLEY	Saginaw (part)
96-A.T. FRANK	        Bay (part), Saginaw (part)
97-JOSEPH RIVET	        Bay (part)
101-LANCE HENDRICKSON	Oceana, Mason, Manistee, Benzie
104-JANE HAYES	        Grand Traverse, Leelanau

Paid for and produced by Michigan Clean Water Action Vote Environment.