E-M:/ URGENT -- Make your voice heard in Global Warming talks

Enviro-Mich message from Vicki Levengood <vlevengood@voyager.net>

*********** Call 1-888-38STAND-UP ****************

Michigan environmentalists:  Working Assets phone company has set up a
toll-free number to call the White House during the Global Warming
conference in Buenos Aires.

Reps Knollenberg and Dingell are the Michigan representatives in the
Congressional delegation to Buenos Aires, but they WILL NOT represent
the Michigan environmental community's concerns about global warming.
Please take this opportunity to make FREE calls to the White House, and
tell them we must make domestic reductions in greenhouse gasses now.
Tell them to:

-- Use their authority to strengthen efficiency standards for
automobiles and appliances.

-- Eliminate the loopholes that exempt our dirtiest power plants from
the Clean Air Act.

-- Put an end to $10 billion a year in taxpayer subsidies to big oil
companies.

*********** Call 1-888-38STAND-UP ****************

Free calls courtesy of Working Assets.  The Global Warming Hotline will
only be active from 10/29/98 to 11/06/98!

Vicki Levengood
National Environmental Trust / Michigan
517.333.5786
vlevengood@voyager.net