Re: E-M:/ Conners Creek lawsuit begins

At 05:41 PM 11/3/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from wrightd@voyager.net (David Wright)
>
>        The lawsuit between Michigan, Wayne County and Detroit Edison over
>Conners Creek began in  Federal Court last Friday.  Detroit Edison is
>asking to have the case removed from Federal Court to a State Court in
>Lansing.  The Federal Judge will make a decision on where the case will be
>tried in the next 3 weeks or so.  Hopefully the case will be handled on an
>expedited basis so that a decision will be made prior to next summer.  The
>attorneys for Michigan and Wayne County explicitly requested that this case
>be handled quickly.

I'd be surprised if the Michigan AG and Wayne County are aggressively
defending federal district court jurisdiction under the Clean Air Act.

I hope the enviro's have filed an amicus brief with the judge on the
jurisdiction issue.

Is EPA a party to this?

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)