E-M:/ Kudos to REI

As part of the Sierra Club’s mission of environmental education we have offered outings to experience and appreciate nature through camping, backpacking, canoeing, etc. The Michigan Chapter of the Sierra Club, the Mackinac Chapter, has taken this idea further in offering outings to youth that may otherwise be unable to participate in these outdoor experiences through our Inter City Outings program. Leaders and organizers are volunteer and largely depend on borrowed or donated gear to supply the camping needs of this program.

The greater Livingston County Sierra Club group, the Crossroads Group, became aware of these needs and decided to donate some needed equipment. Because of their history of supporting community causes and reputation for high quality merchandise, we contacted REI in Northville hoping to maximize our spending budget. Not only did they offer us a great deal on the equipment we needed but they matched our funds! Due to their very generous contribution to this worthwhile cause we were able to purchase an assortment of high quality camping and hiking gear that will be gratefully used by several ICO groups around Michigan for many years to come.

The Mackinac Chapter and the Crossroads Group would like to publicly acknowledge REI for their generous support of the Inter City Outings Program. If you are in the market for outdoor gear for the holiday season please consider patronizing this generous community minded business. If you would like to find out more about the Inter City Outings program or make a donation to this cause yourself please call the Mackinac Chapter office at (517) 484-2372.

Sincerely,

Susan Kelly

Crossroads Group Sierra Club