E-M:/ [Fwd: Compost Operator's Advanced Topics Seminar to feature Dr. Elaine Ingham]

-- BEGIN included message

Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:36:49 -0500
To: mirc@voyager.net
From: mappelho@madison.tdsnet.com (Mary Appelhof)
Subject: Compost Operator's Advanced Topics Seminar 	to feature Dr. Elaine Ingham

Compost Operator's Advanced Topics Seminar to feature Elaine Ingham

If you've ever heard Dr. Elaine Ingham speak, you seek other opportunities
to hear her. Why? Because she can never get everything she has to say into
one presentation. At least that has been my experience. Although I met her
only a year ago, I have heard her six times ranging from Seattle to Kansas
City to North Carolina, and eagerly look forward to her coming presentation
in Ann Arbor Friday Dec. 4, 1998.

Elaine's focus is on the soil foodweb. She has done more to develop
understanding about how bacteria, fungi, protozoa, microarthropods and
nematodes in healthy soil interact to free up nutrients for plants than any
other person around. She has a quality rare for an academic, she can talk
in language we can all understand. She makes it fun, and she makes it
stick. (Well, after a few repetitions, perhaps.)

According to Ingham, Associate Professor at Oregon State University and
founder of Soil FoodWeb, Inc., "If we get health back into the soil you no
longer have to add pesticides, fertilizers, or insecticides.  You can even
drop herbicide applications out of the system. How do you get health back
into the soil? Compost. Good compost."

So how do you make good compost? Find out from Elaine Ingham herself at the
Michigan Compost Council's Advanced Topics Seminar 8:30 am-4:00 pm, Friday,
December 4, 1998, at Weber's Inn Conference Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Fee for non-members is $135, for members, $100. Registration is through the
Michigan Recycling Coalition, 517-371-7073, FAX 517-371-1509.
Registrations prior to Monday, 3:00 pm, November 30 will guarantee lunch.

Mary Appelhof
Flowerfield Enterprises
10332 Shaver Road
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49024USA
Phone: 616-327-0108  FAX 616-327-7009
Email: mappelho@madison.tdsnet.com

See a baby worm hatch from its cocoon at
http://www.wormwoman.com

-- END included message