Re: E-M:/ Kudos to the "handful of diehards"

Enviro-Mich message from Julie Stoneman <juliemec@voyager.net>

I'd like to underscore Anne Woiwode's kudos for Sue Julien and add William
"Banny" Bishop,Terry Gill, and Paul Beach to the list of die-hard
volunteers who have devoted hundreds of hours to drain code reform.  These
folks
took the time to understand the code--a massive,complex piece of public
policy--and know it better than the majority of policy makers here in
Lansing.  I'm honored to
work with them.

At 12:07 PM 11/25/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from anne.woiwode@sfsierra.sierraclub.org
>

>I just wanted to follow up on Sue Julian's in depth review of the status of
>the revisions to the Drain Code, and say THANK YOU to Sue, and the
"handful of
>diehards" who have dogged this baby throughout this session of the
>legislature.  Everytime you get cynical about the process, think about people
>like Sue, who as a volunteer has devoted an unbelievable amount of time and
>effort to the essential details of what goes on in the process, recognizing
>the connection these obscure details have to the real, on the ground effects
>of policy. It ain't glamorous, but her work and those of others like her in
>every corner of the state, nation and world, is the real heart of what makes
>the environmental movement tick.  You can't stay sorry for the state of the
>world long when you see what perseverance and belief in the rightness of what
>they are doing can do to bring about those changes.   BRAVO SUE, and THANK
YOU
>from all of us!!
>

>AW

enviro-mich"