Re: E-M:/ KITTY LITTER

Enviro-Mich message from Julie Stoneman <juliemec@voyager.net>

Tamilyn:
I asked that question years ago of an environmental professional and was
told cat litter is probably the best stuff you could send to a landfill--it
will absorb
the other nasty stuff, like used motor oil, that people
throw in the trash.  It made some sense to me, let's see what other

At 05:19 PM 12/1/98, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Tamilyn H. Sanderson" <sirdufus@freeway.net>
>
>This may sound stupid, but I have 5 cats and go thru a lot of clay kitty
>litter.  Does anyone know of a good way to reuse this? I hate to just send
>it to the dump. Can you use it for compost or anything?  Maybe driveway
>gravel?  I am sure a lot of people with cats would love to come up with a
>way to recycle or re-use this stuff. Any ideas?
>
>Tamilyn

enviro-mich"

Julie Stoneman
Director of Land Programs