Re: E-M:/ KITTY LITTER

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

In a message dated 98-12-02 14:09:57 EST,  Julie writes -

<< I asked that question years ago of an environmental professional and was
 told cat litter is probably the best stuff you could send to a landfill--it
 will absorb
 the other nasty stuff, like used motor oil, that people
 throw in the trash.   >>

Boy, that sounds good to me!  Makes sense, too, I think...we've got 3 cats and
use a very basic clay litter, the non-perfumed kind ...seems like it should
soak up stuff and also decompose sooner than many other landfilled things.
Also, as far as composting, etc. of litter ...the thing I'd be concerned about
even more than bacteria, would be parasites ....various worms and things like
that ... and don't forget Toxoplasmosis.

Kim W.