Re: E-M:/ Plastic shopping bags

Enviro-Mich message from tlcimo <tlcimo@flash.net>

Enviro-michers:

In addition to grocery bag recycling, have you noticed a lot of grocery stores
have stopped selling canvas bags for groceries?  I used to see them and now
they are nonexistent!

One other point...no one sells recycled Christmas cards!  I was able to
find some at ONE store....Hudson's (if you can believe it).  I asked around
at various retailers and no one seemed to even notice.  (Even some
"Environmental" catalogs sell cards that are NOT recycled!)

Retailers need to know that there is STILL a market for recycled products!

I look forward to hearing suggestions too....I have written letters, but
a broader effort needs to push the marketplace!

Laura