E-M:/ canvas bags

Enviro-Mich message from twoiwode@tnc.org

In the recent spate of correspondence about plastic bags, several
correspondents lamented the fact that canvas bags were no longer available at
their local grocery stores.  It's been my experience that many environmental
organizations (including The Nature Conservancy) that maintain a merchandising
operation carry canvas bags, with logos, for a very modest price (ours are
$5).  It's an easy way to accomplish 2 things--avoid the "paper vs. plastic"
debate at the grocery stores, and to support and proselitize for your favorite
organization.  If you're inclined toward using canvas, I encourage you to take
advantage of their availability elsewhere other than your local grocery store.

Tom Woiwode
The Nature Conservancy