E-M:/ Update on K&K Construction v DNR

This may or may not be old news, but it is the first time I've heard about it.

Today's issue of the Environmental Law Reporter Update notes that the U.S. Supreme Court has declined without comment to hear the developer's appeal in K&K Construction Co v DNR, effectively ending the case once and for all.  For those who are not familiar with K&K, this takings case represented one of the largest mobilizations of Michigan environmental groups ever involved in an appellate court proceeding, with Audobon, NWF and MUCC, Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council, and a coalition of at least a dozen groups under MEC all filing briefs.  (This is off the top of my head, so I apologize if I have left anyone out).

Chris Bzdok
Olson, Noonan, Ursu & Ringsmuth, P.C.
P.O. Box 2358
Traverse City, MI  49685-2358