E-M:/ pigs in heaven/neighbors may go to hell

Enviro-Mich message from linda_rosenthal@hermanmiller.com

Just in case this hasn't already been highlighted, there is a story at:

 http://gr.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?/news/stories/hog8090302.frm

It concerns an Ionia county hog farmer who is giving the one finger salute
to his community.

It's so offensive to see blind, stubborn greed masquerading in a
poor-little-guy-farmer versus-mean-old-government costume.  Yes, I have
much compassion for farmers who are ethical and who are struggling to carve
out a living, but this man's arrogance and apparent disregard for the
welfare of others does not get my approval.  Feeding and poisoning a
community all within the same operation doesn't make much sense.  If I were
a citizen of this county, I'd be all for helping this man solve his
problems, but he doesn't sound like he wants to listen to anyone.