E-M:/ Job Postings (3) ED 2000; CPAWS; ONRC

ENVIRO-MICH folks -- these are all out of state, but may be of interest to
some subscribers --

Jobs (3):

1) Earth Day 2000 Communications Director
2) CPAWS: CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
3) ONRC: Wilderness GRASSROOTS ORGANIZER

1) Earth Day 2000 Communications Director

Friends,

Earth Day 2000 is searching for a Communications Director to join our team.
Please help by forwarding the following job announcement to all qualified
and interested people.

Thanks.

-Peter

POSITION OPENING

Communications Director
Earth Day 2000

Responsibilities

Earth Day 2000, headquartered in Seattle, is searching for a polished
communications professional with a proven track record to oversee its media
operations.  Responsibilities include:

* Overseeing creation and implementation of Earth Day 2000's Media Plan,
  including message, story ideas, special media events and timeline.
* Coordinating message research (surveys and focus groups) to identify
  strongest messages and programs.
* Identifying and building a team of media consultants (paid and pro-bono) with
  expertise in diverse media outlets.
* Working with other Earth Day department heads (National Coordinator,
  International Coordinator, Issues Directors, Director of Marketing, and Web
  Magazine Director) to ensure consistency of message.
* Writing and distributing news releases and overseeing follow-up
  communication.
* Coordinating with regional Earth Day affiliates to generate local media
  coverage, and help publicize inspirational stories through national media.

Qualifications

* At least three years experience working on national environmental campaigns,
  and a track record of success.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work well with, and to supervise, others.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
* Commitment to the mission of Earth Day 2000.

Earth Day 2000

Earth Day 2000 is mobilizing citizens worldwide to demand serious actions
to address climate change and to reform our outdated, polluting energy
systems.  Earth Day 2000 calls upon all nations to make a swift transition
to clean, safe, renewable energy sources and to take a giant leap forward
in energy efficiency.  Subsequent Earth Days will address other global
environmental challenges.

Deadline for Applications:  January 11, 1999

Salary:  Commensurate with experience.

Please submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples, three professional
references and salary requirements to:

Peter Drekmeier
Executive Director
Earth Day 2000
91 Marion Street
Seattle, WA 98104
mailto:pdrekmeier@earthday.net
(206) 264-0114

2) CPAWS: CONSERVATION DIRECTOR

Dear Friends:

As some of you know by now, I will be leaving my job as Conservation
Director of CPAWS Calgary/Banff at the end of April.  Harvey and I are
moving to Boston where, on September 1st, he will take up an exciting
position with the Kendall Foundation.

So . . . CPAWS Calgary/Banff is searching for a new Conservation Director.
Below is a description of the job and deadlines for application.  We don't
have a budget for advertising this, so we would appreciate it if you would
circulate it as broadly as you can.  We have a shorter version if you need
it for a newsletter or other publication.

Thanks.  Wendy.

EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY - CONSERVATION DIRECTOR The Calgary/Banff Chapter
of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) is a dynamic,
successful, and growing conservation organisation representing 1,000
members in southern Alberta.

It seeks a highly-motivated Conservation Director to secure legislated
protection for wilderness and nature-based management for existing parks.
Key responsibilities are to lead conservation campaigns and fund raise for
CPAWS programs.

The successful candidate will have a passion for nature and demonstrated
success in environmental or social advocacy, budgeting, fund raising,
attracting media coverage, public speaking, writing, and working
co-operatively with Board members, staff, and volunteers, and other
organisations, sectors, and agencies.

Salary $40-$45K plus benefits.  Application, including resume and
references, must be received by January 18, 1999. Interviews early
February, position commences April 1st, 1999.

Send to:

Wendy Francis
Conservation Director
Calgary/Banff Chapter
Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
306, 319 Tenth Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta  T2R 0A5
Ph.(403)232-6601/Facs.(403)232-6988
mailto:wfrancis@calcna.ab.ca

"CPAWS envisages a healthy ecosphere, where people
experience and respect natural ecosystems."

3) ONRC: Wilderness GRASSROOTS ORGANIZER

The Oregon Natural Resources Council is seeking an energetic and committed
wilderness GRASSROOTS ORGANIZER for the Portland office.  The grassroots
organizer's primary responsibility is to implement the grassroots component
of ONRC's forest wilderness campaign.

Job responsibilities include: overseeing our premier wilderness adoption
program including training volunteers, servicing five Action Teams (local
grassroots response teams) located around Oregon, writing a monthly
activist newsletter, maintaining the internet list serve, organizing
members for hearings and phone banks, and generally being the face of ONRC
with our members and activists.  The ideal candidate should have campaign
experience (either issue-specific or electoral), good organization and
writing skills, and be a personable and positive presence.

Salary range begins at $25,000 plus full benefits.  Please submit a letter
of interest and resume to:

Anne Mitchell,
Oregon Natural Resources Council
5825 North Greeley