Re: E-M:/ Sierra Club Board Elections.

Enviro-Mich message from "Tim Flynn" <tflynn@freeway.net>

Dear Fellow Sierra Club Members,

You should be aware of the platform that the following board candidate are
running on, before you sign any petition.

For what it's worth it is my personal feeling that the position of these
candidates on forest issues will hurt, more than help, Michigan's public
forests.   Especially in the short run and especially our largest public
lands base; our State owned lands.

It's not about commercial or non-commercial logging, its about habitat and
the damage logging, mining/drilling, utility corridors through forests,
second homes and urban sprawl into forest, and other development can do to
our forest systems.  It's about protecting ecological systems, not about
ownership!

Get more info before you signup the following candidates as Sierra Club
board members.   I'm sure Tom or Murray would be willing to give you their
take on this issue.

If you want more details from me; call or email me (616-526-7410 or
tflynn@freeway.net ).   Don't just blindly sign these petitions.

Tim Flynn