E-M:/ House Committees

I don't often quibble with my MEC colleagues on
politics, but I'll put my wager on the following scenario
as to Chuck Perricone's visions of House committee Republican
organizational nirvana.....vis a vis environment/resource issues.

Conservation and Outdoor Recreation
....will only get fin, fur, feathers, ORVs, snowmobiles, and
privatizing campgrounds....this forum keeps the
conservationists separated from the environmentalists,
which is very important if you're a scorched-earth
anti-environmental Republican, like Engler and Company.
Divide and conquer strategies are important on
something like this.....

Energy and Technology
....gets energy deregulation and figuring out how to
appease Detroit Edison and Consumers Energy
on sticking it to the ratepayers on stranded costs for
Michigan's nuclear plants

Agriculture and Resource Management
.....gets to be the forum for the defenders of
hog hotels and factory forests

Great Lakes and Tourism
....only feel good stuff here, but no substantive
water quality protection stuff

THE REAL ACTION WILL BE IN THE....
"REGULATORY REFORM COMMITTEE"

Look for this to be the forum where all of the
attacks on environmental protection and
natural resources management get heard...... and
probably occupational health and other
types of public health protection as well will
be under attack.

Any other bets out there??

The Regulatory Reform Committee has

Republicans

Rocca (Chair)
Vear (VC)
Faunce
Kuipers
Woronchak

Dems

Scott (VC)
Vaughn
Woyno
Hale

Note that experienced Dems who focused on environmental protection like Brater,
Callahan, LaForge, Willard, etc. were kept away.

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)

Write Congress to Stop Junk Email!!!   Details at  http://www.cauce.org
http://www.julianhaight.com/spamcop.shtml     --- to easily report junk email