E-M:/ Clinton/Sustainable Development Meeting in Detroit

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:05:02 -0500 (EST)
Sender: techdirect@valley.rtpnc.epa.gov
From: "ken patterson" <kwpntm@erols.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <techdirect@valley.rtpnc.epa.gov>
Subject: National Town Meeting for a Sustainable America

Opportunity to Exhibit:
A National Town Meeting for a Sustainable America
May 2-5, 1999
Detroit, Michigan and Points Across America

Co-Chairs: Carol Browner, Administrator,  U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency
                 Ray Anderson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer,
Interface, Inc.
Co-Sponsors:  President's Council on Sustainable Development &
    		Global Environment & Technology Foundation
Host Community Leadership:
     Dennis Archer, Mayor of Detroit
     Edward McNamara, County Executive Wayne County, Michigan
     General Motors Corporation
     Metropolitan Organizing Strategy Enabling Strength (MOSES)

> February 10 , 1999
>
> Dear Colleague:
>
> The President's Council on Sustainable Development (PCSD) and the Global
> Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) invite you to participate in
> the National Town Meeting for a Sustainable America (NTM).  The four-day
> conference will discuss and showcase successful sustainability
> initiatives by businesses, communities and other organizations that
> promote economic prosperity, environmental protection and equitable
> opportunity.  The NTM will be held May 2-5, 1999 at the COBO Convention
> Center in Detroit, Michigan. Over 3,000 people are expected to attend the
Detroit > event, with thousands more participating via satellite links and
the Internet.

> [...]
>
> How can you get involved?
> 1.   Be an Exhibitor - Showcase sustainability efforts of your business,
> organization or community.  The NTM Exhibition Hall will present an
> interactive learning adventure that engages participants and provides an
> orientation to sustainable development.  It will also include special
> exhibits that showcase where we work, play and live (i.e., a sustainable
> home, office and ecosystem).  A marketplace for exhibitors from
> business, academia, government and non-government organizations will
> also be featured.  We are seeking exhibitors for each of these
> categories.  If you are interested in exhibiting at the NTM, details are
> available at http://www.sustainableamerica.org or by contacting
> exhibitntm@getf.org.
>
> 2.   Host an Affiliated Event in Your Community - Affiliated events
> offer organizations and communities engaged in sustainable development
> an opportunity to become an active part of the National Town Meeting.
> If you are already hosting a sustainable development event or want to
> plan an event, be it a large conference, an Earthday event, a community
> workshop or classroom activity prior to May 2, 1999, you may want to
> join with the NTM network by being designated as a Journey to Detroit
> event.  Your efforts will be highlighted on our website and showcased at
> the National Town Meeting. In addition, many events are being planned
> across America to coincide with the May meeting.  These Concurrent
> Events will be able to access audio and satellite downlinks from the
> Detroit NTM, allowing participants at local events to be actively
> involved in the proceedings in Detroit.  Additional details are available
at
>  http://www.sustainableamerica.org or by e-mailing
> eventsntm@getf.org.  To sign up as an event host, please call
> 1-888-333-6878 and request a Count Us In Form (document #1001) from the
> Sustainable America fax on demand system.
>
> 3.  Come to the National Town Meeting - Plan to come to Detroit May
> 2-5,1999 to participate in the National Town Meeting.  Visit
> http://www.sustainableamerica.org and indicate your interest in
> attending the NTM.  Upon registering, future mailings will be sent to
> you.
>
> The co-sponsors and hosts are excited about the opportunity this event
> presents and look forward to hearing from you on how you wish to
> participate.  If you know of another organization that can contribute to
> this effort please forward this notice about the NTM to them.  For more
> information, contact:
>
> Sustainable America NTM
> 7010 Little River Turnpike, Suite 300
> Annandale, VA  22003
> http://www.sustainableamerica.org or ntm@getf.org
> 1-888-333-6878 Voice and fax on demand line
>
> --
> Ken Patterson, Director
> National Town Meeting for a Sustainable America
> President's Council on Sustainable Development

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)

Write Congress to Stop Junk Email!!!   Details at  http://www.cauce.org
http://www.julianhaight.com/spamcop.shtml     --- to easily report junk email